Do you fit the category of being content or generally happy with oneself? Do you wake up in the morning and think how lucky you are and go to sleep at night being thankful for what you have in life? If you do, you are one of the lucky people because there are so many people in this world who never feel they have enough or go through the day not feeling generally happy.
Content - Happy and satisfied - Accept something as adequate despite wanting something more or better.
Many people have goals and want to achieve the goals they have set for themselves but while trying to achieve those goals, some people are not content and generally happy. Lots of people miss out on contentment and happiness while going through the motions of trying to get where they want to be.
Having relationships with people who drag you down with constant complaining, always talking about others and even worse try to control others fit into a category of not being content with oneself. Not being content with oneself can also come from people who talk a big talk but never follow through with action or people who need to try to outshine your story. Life is not a competition and competing with others purposely can also be a sign of someone not being content with oneself.
Suggestions to help yourself be content:
Identify people that make you feel uncomfortable when you're in their presence . If a person makes you feel uncomfortable for just being yourself, you should examine the relationship. I stepped back to examine a few relationships and decided to cut the rope with just a few. My choices have directed me to a happier and richer lifestyle. Taking stock to change course can be a good thing to you well-being and happiness. Do not waste precious time with people who seem to always have an issue with you. If someone has an issue with you just being you and being generally happy simply stop hanging with them and eventually they will get the picture.
Remind Yourself Daily
Usually when people put you down, try to control your actions or overly concerned how you spend your time is usually a reflection of their weakness, insecurities and immaturity.
Sayings and quotes I found online to help you understand it's OK to be content with oneself:
- Courage is the key to grow up and become who you really are.
- It's not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority because there are already enough people to do that.
- If we can't be ourselves, there is no need for a mirror.
- Pleasing others to live? It's your life and if you're not happy with it, what's the use in living?
- To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep.
- Become and like yourself before you share a life with someone else.
- Being content with yourself is the greatest success.
- Define yourself and never accept others definition of your life.
- Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
- If you don't like my words, don't listen. If you don't like my appearance, don't look. If you don't like my actions, turn your head; it's as simple as that.
- Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a single moment - the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is.
- He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.
- Freedom lies in being yourself.
- The great majority of us are required to live a life of constant duplicity.
- Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.
- Be not anxious about what you have, but about what you are.
- Worry about your character, not your reputation because your character is who you are and your reputation is what people THINK you are. Love this!
- Have you ever realized that when people say you've changed it's just because you've stopped living your life THEIR WAY?
Don't live life trying to please others, don't stay the same for the sake of others and don't be afraid to go down a path of the unknown if you feel it's calling. That path may lead you to being content with yourself and start new beginnings that probably will stay with you for years to come. Becoming who you want to be is a satisfying accomplishment that brings contentment and happiness. Remembering the past can be a wonderful memory but living in the past usually does more harm than good.
Be who you want to be and live happy.